NRF (Retail’s Large Present) is an occasion centered on “what’s subsequent” for retailers. It’s a possibility to showcase our innovation, sustainability, and enterprise worth. This 12 months, we featured over 40 theater classes serving to retailers sort out their greatest challenges. The totally different classes leveraged subjects like cybersecurity, digital merchandising, customized engagement, behavioral insights, and queue administration. Regardless of the big selection of subjects, three themes resonated all through every day of the occasion. Right here’s what I noticed.
1. Wealthy customized communication drives the appropriate engagement
Boston Consulting Group has stated personalization of the patron journey can drive as much as a 40% bigger basket, which means extra income for the retailer. Webex Join can ship a wealthy, customized engagement on a shopper’s machine, each inside and outside the shop, with out having to put in a shopper app. Webex Join may also present further channels for Cisco Contact Heart, permitting shoppers to have interaction digitally, permitting extra environment friendly utilization of CC brokers, releasing them to focus the place 1:1 private engagement is required.
Engagement isn’t just for shoppers. In a time the place many retailers battle to draw and retain adequate high quality workers, the power to have interaction with workers, streamline hiring processes, onboard workers, and digitally allow HR programs to draw the next-generation associates, could make the distinction in whether or not they selected to work for one retailer or a competitor.
2. Loss and Fraud are an enormous concern
Theft and fraud are two of the most important challenges going through retailers at the moment. As theft and fraud develop exponentially, the difficulty has been exacerbated by retail labor shortages. Investigating loss is expensive, requiring “Loss Prevention” workers to undergo hours of video within the hope of seeing one thing helpful. Conventional loss prevention is merely passive loss recording. We provide options that transfer retailers to energetic loss and fraud detection the place suspicious exercise is detected, flagged, and despatched to the safety group straight away. Whereas there’s no one-size suits all strategy, we work with a variety of companions to deliver the appropriate choices to the desk.
3. Tech solely issues when you’ve solved an issue
Retailers go to NRF as a result of they’re open to understanding how they’ll enhance their retailer expertise, each entrance of home and again of home. By specializing in the end result, we ship game-changing experiences for each clients and associates. Just a few examples:
- We demonstrated how our Meraki platform can unleash the facility of real-time footfall analytics to trace traffic-to-conversion ratios, present retailer operations insights and improve retailer layouts and product placements.
- ThousandEyes provides retailers unprecedented visibility into their operations surroundings and permits real-time monitoring for anomalies or outages. This implies they’ll act earlier than that outage impacts enterprise.
- Cisco Areas helps retailers visualize their shops, distribution heart, or carpeted areas, in a single pane of glass. It shows information from a wide range of sensors and programs, like temperature, occupancy, air high quality, and different information in a location-based data, in an simply digestible interface.
- Duo’s Entry Administration options assist retailers meet key FTC and PCI DSS compliance necessities by stopping credential assaults and limiting lateral motion.
- Cisco AppDynamics empowers retailers to ship an impeccable shopping for expertise by permitting our retailers to trace each side of the client journey throughout numerous digital platforms.
Your trusted know-how associate in retail
If you happen to had the prospect to cease by our sales space, thanks! The conversations and face-to-face interactions my group and I had with our clients, friends, and companions have been nothing wanting inspiring. We realized quite a bit too! Cisco is doing a little unimaginable work driving true outcomes for our clients, and NRF ‘24 was a terrific showcase of the place we are able to go from right here.
I hope you loved our theater classes, demo space, and (my private favourite) Café Cisco. I used to be in a position to cellular order my espresso as quickly as I stepped into the sales space and as soon as I received to the drive-thru window, it was prepared for choose up. For all our Cisco NRF content material, I encourage you to go to our microsite.
Large thanks to the entire companions, clients, and the Cisco group who made NRF profitable. See you all subsequent 12 months!