Jupyter notebooks are persevering with to develop in reputation in info safety instead or complement to mainstream safety operations middle (SOC) instruments. Notebooks can be utilized interactively for menace detection and response, or as automated duties in a bigger pipeline. Their flexibility and skill to mix code, knowledge evaluation, and visualization in a single, simply shareable doc makes them compelling instruments with virtually limitless functions and potentialities.
We’re inviting the neighborhood of analysts and engineers to hitch us at InfoSec Jupyterthon 2024. This on-line occasion, to be held on February 15-16, 2024, serves as a possibility for infosec analysts and engineers to satisfy and interact with safety practitioners utilizing notebooks of their day by day work. It’s organized by our buddies at Open Risk Analysis, along with of us from the Microsoft Risk Intelligence neighborhood.
A few of the matters to be coated on this yr’s talks embrace:
- Analyzing Lively Listing with Bloodhound CE, Jupyter, and Python
- Graphing ransomware & knowledge leak websites developments with Plotly
- Risk looking in three dimensions
- Guardians of Identification: OKTA’s underworld
- Hacking proprietary protocols with pandas
- Predicting Home windows binary obtain hyperlinks with Jupyter notebooks
- Comparability of collaboration strategies between MSTICpy and Splunk SIEM
- Constructing a neighborhood round notebooks for DFIR and SecOps
- Constructing data-driven safety instruments with Streamlit
- Crimson teaming LLMs with Jupyter notebooks
- Automating adversary emulation
- Making use of machine studying for C2 beaconing detection
Though this isn’t a Microsoft occasion, our Microsoft Risk Intelligence neighborhood is delighted to be concerned in serving to arrange and ship talks. Registration is free and periods might be streamed on YouTube Dwell on each days. We’ve additionally set offset occasions on every day this yr to make it simpler for folks in numerous time zones to hitch. Provisional occasions are:
|Thursday, February 15
|4:00 PM to 9:00 PM Japanese Time
|Friday, February 16
|11:00 AM to 4:00 PM Japanese Time
We’ll even have a devoted Discord channel for discussions and session Q&A.
We’re additionally inviting analysts and engineers who could also be inquisitive about speaking a couple of cool pocket book or some attention-grabbing strategies or expertise to submit their proposal for a session right here. There are nonetheless some openings for 30-minute, 15-minute, and 5-minute periods.
For extra info, in addition to recordings of earlier years periods and workshops, go to the InfoSec Jupyterthon web page at: https://infosecjupyterthon.com
We’re trying ahead to seeing you there!
For the newest safety analysis from the Microsoft Risk Intelligence neighborhood, try the Microsoft Risk Intelligence Weblog: https://aka.ms/threatintelblog.
To get notified about new publications and to hitch discussions on social media, comply with us on X (previously Twitter) at https://twitter.com/MsftSecIntel.
To listen to tales and insights from the Microsoft Risk Intelligence neighborhood concerning the ever-evolving menace panorama, take heed to the Microsoft Risk Intelligence podcast: https://thecyberwire.com/podcasts/microsoft-threat-intelligence.