Fujitsu has introduced the launch of a cloud-based platform that permits customers to securely accumulate and leverage health-related knowledge to advertise digital transformation within the medical discipline. The brand new providing represents a part of Fujitsu’s ongoing efforts to contribute to the creation of a wholesome society as a part of its imaginative and prescient for “Wholesome Dwelling” underneath Fujitsu Uvance to create a sustainable world.
The brand new platform permits the automated conversion of medical knowledge from medical establishments’ digital medical information to evolve with the following era requirements framework HL7 FHIR and safe aggregation of health-related knowledge. Based mostly on their consent, sufferers can securely retailer private well being data akin to important knowledge, step counts, and calorie consumption – transformed into non-personally identifiable data on the platform – this in flip helps medical establishments and pharmaceutical firms in performing knowledge evaluation and R&D actions to speed up the event of individualised healthcare and the invention of recent medication.
Fujitsu will use the platform as a launching level for additional planning to develop an information portability service that permits sufferers to view their medical knowledge on their smartphones, in addition to a service for medical establishments to conduct extremely correct evaluation of shared medical knowledge on the platform.
Shifting ahead, Fujitsu goals to leverage this platform to understand an AI and IoT based mostly preventive healthcare system, and cooperate with varied medical establishments and firms to understand a digital well being ecosystem that creates new worth for society.
Options of the brand new platform
Computerized conversion of medical knowledge into HL7 FHIR, the next-generation medical data normal
- Knowledge from medical establishments’ digital medical report programs may be routinely transformed to a format in accordance with JP Core (FHIR JP Core Implementation Information Model 1.1.1), the newest Japanese implementation guideline underneath the following era requirements framework HL7 FHIR for well being data change, after which saved on the platform
- Platform permits straightforward utilisation and change of knowledge compliant with requirements for healthcare data
Aggregation of a variety of health-related knowledge
- Along with scientific knowledge from digital medical information, the platform additionally helps the gathering of private well being knowledge together with important knowledge, step counts, and calorie consumption (aggregation of health-check knowledge will probably be potential sooner or later)
- Customers together with medical establishments and pharmaceutical firms will be capable to utilise a variety of knowledge aggregated on the platform for extra detailed knowledge evaluation in medical follow and scientific analysis and the event of recent medication
Safety measures to help secure and safe knowledge utilisation
- The platform relies on Microsoft’s “Microsoft Azure” and operates in a secure and safe cloud atmosphere, with safety measures compliant with the “Pointers for Security Administration of Medical Data Programs” of the Japanese Ministry of Well being, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) and pointers set forth by Japanese ministries.
Doable functions of the brand new platform
Utilisation in medical establishments
- Promotion of individualised well being care, together with the choice of applicable medication and remedy strategies based mostly on medical knowledge from a number of medical establishments, important knowledge of sufferers, and an in depth understanding of sufferers’ well being circumstances (affected person journey, together with sufferers’ medical historical past, each day bodily situation, allergic reactions, and bodily structure and so forth.)
- Standardisation of knowledge codecs to cut back time required to gather, course of, and organise knowledge and finally enhance the effectivity of scientific analysis and the creation of medical reviews
Utilisation by well-being firms
- Anonymously processed knowledge from scientific follow in addition to laboratory knowledge from sufferers in scientific trials collected on the platform will allow pharmaceutical firms to conduct extra detailed and quicker validation of medicine and medical remedies together with negative effects, shorten time required for the event of recent medication and enhance the success fee of drug growth and broaden the applying of already accepted medication
- Life insurance coverage firms will be capable to utilise amassed well being knowledge to routinely generate personalised insurance coverage product plans, enhance the standard of proposals and shutting charges, and scale back time required to suggest and create plans
Shifting ahead, Fujitsu will leverage this new platform to offer preventive medical care, together with AI based mostly early prognosis of illness dangers and visualisation of bodily and psychological well being circumstances utilizing IoT applied sciences. Fujitsu additional goals to understand a digital well being ecosystem by creating providers in cooperation with insurance coverage firms to routinely generate personalised insurance policy based mostly on medical knowledge, in addition to health-related providers in cooperation with wellbeing firms.
Masaaki Mizuno, MD, PhD, director of the centre for analysis, training, and growth for healthcare life design (C-REX), feedback “Wellbeing within the well being and medical discipline is among the most vital targets inside Japan’s super-aging society, and for all individuals world-wide dwelling within the “VUCA period.” We imagine that the launch of this new cloud-based platform will allow us to make our imaginative and prescient of a brand new well being and medical society that gives wellbeing to individuals turn out to be actuality.”
Kunihiro Ohyama, director, Japan healthcare business lead, Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd., feedback “Microsoft is utilising cloud providers and AI applied sciences within the healthcare discipline and selling the following era requirements framework HL7 FHIR. We’re additionally actively engaged on knowledge utilisation and personalised healthcare. We imagine that Fujitsu’s new platform will contribute to the realisation of extra superior medical care. Microsoft will help the digital well being ecosystem enabled by this platform, and work along with Fujitsu to offer higher medical providers and enhance individuals’s well being.”