We’re asserting new options in AWS Well being that will help you handle deliberate lifecycle occasions to your AWS sources and dynamically monitor the completion of actions that your workforce takes on the resource-level to make sure continued easy operations of your functions. Some examples of deliberate lifecycle occasions are an Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) Kubernetes model finish of normal help, Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) certificates rotations, and finish of help for different open supply software program, to call a couple of.
These options embrace:
- The flexibility to dynamically monitor the completion of actions on the useful resource stage the place attainable, to attenuate disruption to functions.
- Well timed visibility into upcoming deliberate lifecycle occasions, utilizing notifications not less than 90 days upfront for minor adjustments, and 180 days upfront for main adjustments, each time attainable.
- A standardized knowledge format that helps you put together and take actions. It integrates AWS Well being occasions programmatically along with your most popular operational instruments, utilizing AWS Well being API.
- An organization-wide visibility into deliberate lifecycle occasions for groups that handle workloads throughout the corporate with delegated administrator. Which means that central groups corresponding to Cloud Middle of Excellence (CCoE) groups, now not want to make use of the administration account to entry the organizational view.
- A single feed of AWS Well being occasions from all accounts in your group on Amazon EventBridge. This offers a centralized strategy to automate the administration of AWS Well being occasions throughout your group by creating guidelines on EventBridge to take actions. Relying on the kind of occasion, you’ll be able to seize occasion data, provoke further occasions, ship notifications, take corrective motion, or carry out different actions. For instance, you should use AWS Well being to obtain e mail, AWS Chatbot, or push notifications to the AWS Console Cell Software you probably have AWS sources in your AWS account which are scheduled for updates, corresponding to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) situations.
The way it Works
Deliberate lifecycle occasions can be found by way of the AWS Well being Dashboard, AWS Well being API, and EventBridge. You’ll be able to automate the administration of AWS Well being occasions throughout your group by creating guidelines on EventBridge that features the
“supply”: [“aws.health”] worth to obtain AWS Well being notifications or provoke actions primarily based on the principles created. For instance, if AWS Well being publishes an occasion about your EC2 situations, then you should use these notifications to take motion and replace or change your sources as wanted. You’ll be able to view the deliberate lifecycle occasions to your AWS sources within the Scheduled adjustments tab.
To prioritize occasions, now you can see scheduled adjustments in a calendar view. The occasion has a begin time to point when the change commences. The standing stays as Upcoming till the change happens or the entire affected sources have been actioned. The occasion standing adjustments to Accomplished when the entire affected sources have been actioned. You can too deselect occasion statuses that you simply don’t wish to deal with. To point out extra particular occasion particulars, choose an occasion to open the cut up panel view to the proper or the underside of the display.
When choosing the Affected sources tab on the detailed view of an occasion, clients can see related account data that may provide help to attain out to the proper folks to resolve impaired sources.
Integration with Different AWS Companies
Utilizing EventBridge integrations that exist already in AWS Well being, you’ll be able to ship change occasions, and their totally managed lifecycles to different instruments corresponding to JIRA, ServiceNow, and AWS Methods Supervisor OpsCenter. EventBridge sends all updates to occasions (for instance, timestamps, useful resource standing, and extra) to those instruments, permitting you to trace the standing of occasions in your most popular tooling.
Deliberate lifecycle occasions for AWS Well being can be found in all AWS Areas the place AWS Well being is on the market besides China and GovCloud Areas.
To be taught extra, go to the AWS Well being person information. You’ll be able to submit your inquiries to AWS re:Put up for AWS Well being, or by way of your typical AWS Assist contacts.