At present we’re thrilled to launch the fifth annual Microsoft Think about Cup Junior (ICJ) world pupil competitors. Registration and content material are actually obtainable for educators to assist college students study AI expertise and the way it may be used to resolve a number of the world’s largest challenges.
Final yr 1000’s of scholars from greater than 100 international locations participated within the ICJ problem. The judges acknowledged 10 world winners who created unimaginable ideas to handle Microsoft’s AI for Good initiatives. Many international locations and areas hosted native competitions and acknowledged the highest native groups.
In 2024, we’re excited to see much more college students take part within the problem and be taught the affect that digital applied sciences comparable to AI, machine studying, and cybersecurity can have on the world.
What’s Think about Cup Junior?
The Microsoft Think about Cup Junior is a AI Tech for Good world pupil competitors for college kids ages 5-18 constructed on the success of Microsoft’s Think about Cup. By means of ICJ, educators make the most of classes to show their college students about AI applied sciences, college students type groups, and apply these classes to dream up an idea or concept to make a distinction of their local people or world round them.
College students clarify their idea in a PowerPoint template and report a video as an example their idea. No coding is required, and the competitors is open to any pupil who’s taken with studying extra about AI.
New this yr! We’ve got a number of new assets to help pupil studying together with an modern lesson about generative AI and the way it’s completely different than conventional or rule-based AI. As well as, Think about Cup Junior is now open to all college students ages 5-18. College students aged 13-18 will compete within the AI for Good class and college students aged 5-12 will compete within the Know-how for Good class.
Think about Cup Junior Registration
Participation in Think about Cup Junior is through a Workforce Chief (comparable to an educator, teacher, employees member, college chief, father or mother, guardian) over the age of 18.2 The 2024 problem is open for registration through www.imaginecup.com/junior beginning as we speak!
Think about Cup Junior Useful resource Pack
As soon as registered, Workforce Leaders can entry all of the assets wanted to teach college students and run an incredible Think about Cup Junior problem. These assets embrace:
AI for Good Useful resource Pack for college kids ages 13-18:
- Getting Began Equipment: contains six 45-minute classes, pupil guides, submission template, guidelines and laws, and rubric.
- Deep Studying Modules: in-depth overview of the six expertise modules that complement the Getting Began Equipment, for extra superior studying. Modules embrace Intro to AI, Machine Studying, AI Purposes in Actual Life, Deep Studying and Neural Networks, AI for Good, and Cybersecurity.
- Workforce Chief Toolkit: contains pupil certificates, social templates, posters, and extra to leverage all through the problem.
- Judging Standards and Rubric: to grasp what can be utilized by judges to find out the winners.
Tech for Good Useful resource Pack for college kids ages 5-12:
- Getting Began Equipment: contains 5 45-minute classes, Tech for Good playbook, submission template, rubric, and guidelines and laws.
Workforce Leaders may entry on-demand AI webinars to additional perceive finest practices for working an Think about Cup Junior venture and facilitating extra studying for college kids.
After a Workforce Chief offers classes from the Getting Began Equipment, college students type groups of two to 6 college students for the AI for Good class and groups of two to forty for the Tech for Good class. Every Workforce Chief then encourages the coed groups to use the teachings and brainstorm ideas to assist make a constructive distinction to the world. Ideas ought to be aligned to the Microsoft AI for Good initiatives targeted on Well being, Cultural Heritage, Earth, Accessibility, and Humanitarian Motion.
How are Think about Cup Junior initiatives submitted?
College students illustrate their idea within the Think about Cup Junior PowerPoint template. Workforce Leaders submit a accomplished PowerPoint template and hyperlink to a video illustrating the scholars’ idea at: www.imaginecup.com/junior
Submissions for the 2024 competitors should be uploaded to the Think about Cup web site by Might 8, 2024. A panel of judges evaluates every staff’s venture based mostly on the Judging Standards and Rubric.
The highest ten groups can be introduced on June 13, 2024, and obtain trophies and prizes.
Methods to get began with Think about Cup Junior
- Register at www.imaginecup.com/junior
- Obtain the Think about Cup Junior AI for Good Useful resource Pack for college kids ages 13-18 and/or Tech for Good Useful resource Pack for college kids ages 5-12
- Incorporate the assets into class curriculum and lesson plans.
- Type pupil groups sized two (2) to 6 (6) college students for the AI for Good class and groups of two (2) to forty (40) for the Tech for Good class and collaborate with them to develop their concept and construct their idea within the PowerPoint submission template. Have pupil groups create a video illustrating their concept.
- Submit initiatives by Might 8, 2024 through www.imaginecup.com/junior
- Have fun groups who’re topped world problem winners, to be introduced June 13, 2024 on the Microsoft Training Weblog.
1Workforce Leaders and college students don’t want any background in expertise– we’ve made each facet of Think about Cup Junior accessible to newbie ranges in bite-sized modules by expertise space. We will’t wait to see what concepts college students give you this yr to resolve a number of the world’s largest challenges!
2Open solely to pupil groups ages 5-18 with a staff chief 18+. Sport ends 5/8/24. For full particulars, see Official Guidelines. Notice: If a profitable staff chief is a public sector worker, the prize can be awarded on to the general public sector establishment and topic to receipt of a present letter signed by the establishment’s ethics officer, legal professional, or designated govt/officer liable for the group’s items/ethics coverage.